I Was Fired


That Saturday morning, I got to work and said something that wasn’t right for me to say as an employee. But let it be known that I was given permission from a manager on shift at the time. I used no profanity or harsh words that would anyway were aimed at disrespecting my employers. I was simply putting in to perspective (as someone who started as hostess, the bottom, who worked hard to become a server) that it is a privilege. I was trying to show that being a server does not give you/us the authority to treat others lower than our ranking as your/our slaves. These were words that were told to me the night before from a manager.


Some of you think I am blowing this out of proportion. In my defense, it was blown out of proportion that what I had said was illegal in the workplace and I was fired for it. What I said was apparently too bold for some.I thanked them for firing me. My stubbornness would have probably lead me to continue to work there. But thank God, I was fired.

I ask that my past employers forgive me for lashing out and stepping out of line. For I am young and still learning how behave appropriately in the workplace. I know that serving job was only temporary and there is greater things in my future.

What I am not sorry for is standing up for myself. I never meant to dishonor my bosses, but I will not stand to be harassed and discriminated against. It is a hostile environment and I will no longer be working in a place where I do not feel safe. I am not speaking not only for myself, but for other employees in any workplace; women AND men.  This is an ongoing problem not only in Bozeman Montana, but in this country and in this world. Now, I know can only speak on behalf of the laws that enabled me as a citizen of these United States of America. But, as child of God I also want to speak on behalf of God. And when I say world, I mean mankind; women and men.  I will continue to speak what is true, true in the eyes of God.  If he is for me, who can be against me?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dear President Trump