Dear President Trump



Dear President Trump,

Like Martin Luther King Jr., I too have a dream.

I am a server at a restaurant in Bozeman, MT. Yesterday, I was demoralized because I am a young woman who stepped out of line. As a U.S. citizen, I have laws that not only protect me as a citizen, but laws that should allow me to pursue life, liberty, and happiness. I was denied these rights. But starting today, I will not loner be denied my rights. I grew up in a republican household and daughter of business owners/workers. I believe you are a smart man. You are an inspiration to us all. I need your help President Trump. My message to this country must be heard loud and clear.

"I too have a dream. I have a dream that women will be seen as equal to men in this country. You all see it in the news, on TV, and everywhere else. There is a storm coming. It is of women's equality. Call me a feminist if you will, for I have been called much worse things. The use of the word to describe my actions and words has been that of as to describe a female dog. I don't believe anyone who calls himself a man to treats women with the kind of disrespect that I have witnessed to be a man, especially not a man of God. By saying these things I am not trying to disrespect men, but put things into perspective. Do you love the women in your life? Do you love your mother, wife, sister, and friends? Then honor them. For God asks us that everything we do to be done in love. Ladies, we must do this carefully and maturely. If you wish to be respected we must first respect ourselves. If we don’t respect ourselves, how are we supposed to expect others to respect us? Stand with me. I will no longer conform to the ways of this world. I will stand up for what is right. I am a child of God and have no fear of the darkness around me. I will never stop fighting to gain respect for women in this nation and worldwide.”

I am sorry for any errors in my writing. I am struggled with dyslexia my entire life. I just want my voice to be heard. That is all. I will use freedom of speech that is my right. Just like the rest of these women. 

Please share. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Was Fired